date & time
Tuesday 24 November 2020
09.00 - 13.50 GMT
OnlineThis event has finished
Fibre broadband’s role in digital transformation
Digital infrastructure is an obvious bright spot for investment. Supported by a digital policy agenda across Europe, the conditions are ripe for accelerated investment in an already hot corner of the market. Investors are positioning for a permanent change in the demand curve for data and consumption habits because of the pandemic. From an M&A perspective, valuations on fibre assets have skyrocketed. Yet the long-term outlook for regulation remains uncertain.
Neha Puri – Principal of Faculty’s Engineering and Built Environment business unit joins an expert panel where they will discuss:
- How has the crisis changed growth assumptions for urban and rural connectivity?
- How do lenders view credit risk when financing projects, given the uncertain regulatory outlooks?
- Where might carve-outs emerge as larger telecoms players reposition their portfolio, with many larger players already acquired?
- What sort of returns will investors receive, and will these justify the multiples spent?
- How will changing regulations towards fibre broadband as an essential service affect investment?