Develop your data science skills and get first-hand industry experience in eight weeks.
Making the leap from academia to real-world data science? Through industry placements, intensive training and one-to-one mentoring, the Faculty Fellowship helps masters and PhD STEM graduates fast-track their job search.
of fellowship alumni are in employment
of UK physics, maths and engineering PhD students apply
fellows in our fellowship alumni network
Become a paid member of a data science team
Spend six weeks working in-house at one of our host companies, helping them deliver a real AI project.
Learn career-building skills
Kick off your fellowship with two weeks of intensive training in technical skills and the soft skills that hiring managers look for.
Make industry connections
Present the results of your fellowship project to an exclusive audience of hiring managers and industry experts on Demo Day.
Register your interest for the next Faculty Fellowship
What kind of projects could you work on?
We run four fellowships a year: spring (starting January), summer (starting in May) and autumn (starting in September and October). Applications close three or four months before the next fellowship begins.
If you’d like to be reminded when applications open – and get more news on the Faculty Fellowship – you can sign up to our mailing list below.
Generally, our fellows are drawn from two groups: PhD and masters graduates looking to transition out of academia, and experienced software engineers looking to move into data science.
- However, the most vital qualifications for becoming a Faculty Fellow are:
- Knowledge of the scientific method.
- Knowledge of probability, linear algebra, multivariate calculus and statistical principles (particularly model/hypothesis validation).
- Some experience of coding in Python (or other relevant data science-related coding languages).
- A drive to do work that has a measurable, positive impact on organisations and society.
So if you don’t have a PhD, masters, or software engineering background, but you do have other relevant experience that demonstrates these qualities, we’d still love to hear from you.